This is the second blog post of Monetization Matters, our new publisher series that covers all angles of website growth and monetization in snackable form. If you missed the first post, head over here to catch up on the basics of driving traffic.
This time we’ll be taking a look at website user experience and why publishers should focus on optimizing their site to combat ad blocking that is often the end result of user frustration.
Have a look at our stats and tips below, share it with your friends, and come back for more next week!
1. 51% of people browse more on mobile than desktop (42%), is your website optimized for all screens?
2. 57% of users abandon a mobile site if it takes more than three seconds to go: this is crucial to consider if your site gets a lot of traffic.
3. Going responsive improves your SEO ranking.
Infinite Scroll or Next Page Clicking?
4. Infinite scroll is optimal for content that is updated continuously, for instance images. It provides a mobile-friendly experience and allows for better user retention through faster browsing.
5. Next page clicking is your best friend if you have a goal oriented site such as e-commerce. It makes the content more searchable and helps users perform specific tasks on the site.
6. In conclusion, one isn’t better than the other: you need to determine your audience’s needs and choose accordingly.
How to Lower Bounce Rates?
7. Give them what they need, easily: users will bounce if they don’t find what they’re looking for.
8. Smart website design displays the most popular pieces of content/ links right upon arrival.
9. Speed up your site: don’t clutter it with too many ads. Instead, consider in-content advertising placements that are designed for a seamless user experience. They perform better, so you need fewer of them on the site.
Want to discuss monetization options in person? Contact our sales team and start monetizing today!