We have all heard it by now, “video is the next big thing”. Year after year they claim the same and you know what? It’s true. The topic only gets hotter and below we will explain why.
Video ads were introduced to the world by Youtube back in 2007, and let’s just say a lot has changed in the past decade. Video ads seems to be in a never ending transitional phase that never stops evolving, and therefore they never get out of fashion.
Not too long ago, it wasn’t possible to play video on website’s that otherwise lacked video content. In other words, publishers without video content weren’t entitled to the world of video ads. It was possible to play video content only before, during or after an actual video, meaning you somehow had to interrupt an existing video playing. This is not the case anymore and this is why outstream video is such a game changer in the ad world.
With outstream video enabled, you can place a video in any type of content, and it will auto-play without interrupting the user experience. Outstream videos are shown only when at least 50% of the video is visible and it will pause automatically when out of view. It’s muted by default with the option to turn the sound on and replay if the viewer so wishes. The last frame of the video includes a CTA button that can link to the advertisers’ website.
Get started with outstream video
Kiosked offers in-article outstream video ad units, and boy are they popular. They appear between paragraphs of editorial content.
Here are a few perks of adding video units to your site:
- You can add them to your site even if your site “does not support video ad format”.
- The video will autoplay and does not interrupt any other content.
- The videos are shorter than standard, but there are no restrictions per se (like for instance in reward video).
- Very high viewability since they will play only when minimum 50% in-view and paused when out of view.
- You will most likely see higher CPMs.
- Better fill-rate.
- Naturally, those two above lead to higher revenue.
- Outstream video is better optimized for mobile than instream video.
- They reach much further than instream video since the audience goes beyond video landscaped websites.
- They come through existing Google infrastructure, so no extra code is needed to set this up and running and it works on both desktop and mobile.
Are we saying that outstream will outpace in-stream videos? Yes, we are. If you are not convinced yet, we have seen some very good monetization, over 25% boost in revenue, on clients adding video to their monetization strategy.
Did any desire to try this arise? If yes, reach out to
firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set you up in no time.